Sunday, October 20, 2013

Only God Forgives - the Guardian Film Show review


Only God Forgives is reviewed by Peter Bradshaw. You might also want to watch the review on The Guardian Film Show review. Have you watched 'Only God Forgives'? If so, you might want to check your impression with that of the reviewers. Here's some of the expressions they use to discuss it:



In a way one has to applaud the extraordinarily audacious sense in which this is a progression

What it is is an unexpurgated release of everything that’s in Refn’s soul

I think it’s brilliantly brave

I wish I could say I wholeheartedly say I enjoyed watching it

I think what he’s saying is that God metes out this stuff, the God character is very well defined in this, and he doesn’t let anyone off the hook

You try to dig around in the sort of plot of this and you’re going to get something biblical

What impression have you gotten of the film from this review? If you haven't watched it, do you think you'd like to?

No comments: