Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Name Game

We listened to the first 7 minutes of this programme on names last week, if you want to go on listening to the rest, click on this link to the KQED Radio site Cool Cassidy or Classic Caroline?

Note how the host and guests hold an informal conversation where they use a number of expressions such as:

There's is a lot of fast cycling in and out of fashion

There's more of a tendency to choose a name that stands out

I don't remember the percentage off the top of my head

We're sailing out to sea

Names are social cues

Parents wring their hands over that decision

2 comments:

teresa gil peña said...

Hi, I'm Teresa. Thanks Elisa for creating this blog. I think it will be an useful tool.

Oscar said...

This topic reminds me a song that I loved. I share it with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jfVpizj1Uk